Using profiles it is necessary to remember that:
- Connecting one-piece profiles (4; 6; 8; 10 mm) don't provide reliable fastening of sheet in a profile and reliable hermetic sealing of a joint; they aren't intended for fastening to purlin. It is recommended to apply them only to a joint of edges of vertical designs in the absence of high loadings and obligatory additional fastening of plates to purlin.
- Connecting demountable profiles (8, 10 and 16 mm) provide both reliable hermetic sealing of a joint and high effort of a clip of sheets, allowing to manage without additional fixing elements. In this case, the width of mounted sheet shouldn't exceed 700-1050 mm (plates of 8 and 10 mm) and 1200-1400 mm for plates of 16 mm. For maintenance of reliable connection of sheets with a connecting profile the lateral soldered sheet edge should be cut off to the first parting wall.
- The base of connecting demountable profile should lean on arches and fasten to them by screws. Distance between fixing elements is 300-400 mm. In the top parting wall of base of a profile is necessary to drill the aperture, a head of screw should rest against a profile bottom.
- Connecting demountable profiles allow fixing polycarbonate sheets towards an angle to each other ifthis corner isnot less 145o-150o.
- Using aluminum base the connecting demountable profile thanks to its rigidity allows raising easy arch designs with a minimum bearing constructions. Provided that the width of sheet doesn't exceed 600 mm for sheets of 8 mm and 700 mm – for sheets of 10-16 mm (thus presence of ridge element is obligatory!) the distance between bearing constructions of an arch can make from 6 m (plates of 8 mm) to 8 m (plates of 10-16 mm). Usage of similar profiles for erection of the facilitated flat designs is admissible provided that the width of sheets makes no more than 500 mm. In that case it is possible to refuse exponentation of longitudinal bearing elements (rafters) in general and to mount construction, using exclusively cross-section runs as power support.